WHAT IS NEIGHBORHOOD CONNECTION?
Neighborhood Connection is a non-profit organization dedicated to fight childhood hunger.
Neighborhood Connection provides supplemental weekend food for school children who qualify for school breakfast & lunch programs.
WHAT ARE PANTRY PACKS?
Pantry Packs are gallon sized ziploc bags filled with enough child friendly, shelf-stable food for 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and several snacks.
WHO BENEFITS FROM PANTRY PACKS?
In Washington County there are approximately 35,000 students enrolled in grades K-12. Of these students, over 17,000 qualify for free & reduced lunch.
- Neighborhood Connection serves Pantry Packs to 500 students each week who are at risk of going without food on the weekends.
- These students are identified by teachers and administrators as children “in need of food assistance.”
- Distribution is done in such a way as to preserve the dignity of the children and their families.
- Coral Cliffs Elementary
- Panorama Elementary
- Paradise Canyon Elementary
- Sunset Elementary
- Vista School
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN A PANTRY PACK?
It is important that each pack has all of the same individual size, child friendly items listed – nothing more, nothing less. Thank you for being mindful of the need for consistency. No child should feel he/she gets more or less than another child.
- Sliding ziploc gallon size bag
- Individual service microwavable meals, 7-8 oz. (e.g. mac’n cheese, spaghetti & meatballs, chicken & rice, cup-o-soup)
- Shelf stable milk
- Applsauce, fruit cup, or squeeze fruit pouch
- Pudding cup (shelf stable)
- Juice box or pouch
- Instant oatmeal packet
- Individual package of peanut butter crackers or cheese & crackers
- Granola bars
- Fruit snacks
- Child friendly card with a positive message
It is only because of the support and efforts of the community & volunteer groups that we are able to continue our mission. For this reason, we ask for donations of money, time, and/or food.