Sites & Landmarks: Sacred/Religious Sites

Historic Pine Valley Chapel

Built in 1868, the Pine Valley Chapel is known for being the oldest meetinghouse in continuous use of the LDS Church. Both the chapel and adjacent tithing office were listed together on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places November 20, 1970.

St. George Tabernacle

The St. George Tabernacle has functioned as a place of worship and a place for community gatherings since 1869—before its completion in 1876.

Pioneer Courthouse

The Pioneer Courthouse is one of the oldest standing buildings in Washington County, Utah. It is free to the public to tour to see the Courtroom, in use until 1960, the jail with its three cells, and a variety of historical displays. The Courthouse has been placed on the National Register of Historic Buildings and …

Pioneer Courthouse Read More »